Missing In Action and 11 Things
I’ve been missing in action for some time now. To be honest, I’ve had many things that I’ve wanted to blog about but when it came down to it, just like in the past I decided I had better things to do. I love snuggling with my little man. I love talking to my crazy little girl. I love sitting with my hubby. I thought that being on maternity leave would allow me a bit of time to get into the blog groove, but in actuality it’s made me lazier with my time.
I’m going to start back up today on leap day, with the 11 Things Post that has been going around the blogging world. I was tagged by Liz from Run, Bake, Race. Liz—thanks for tagging me—I was actually really excited to be tagged and then I TOTALLY dropped the ball! So here it goes!!
Post these rules
You must post 11 random things about yourself
Answer the questions set for you in their post
Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
11 Things About Me:
1. Like most little girls, I was a dancer. However, if they had the show Dance Mom’s on tv back then I’d probably would have been on the show! I was a really good dancer—my specialty was tap. I actually competed in age divisions that were two above me because of my abilities. I was also asked to audition for Star Search but because of the taping schedule my mom wouldn’t let me out of school for that length of time—missed my chance at fame!
2. Ever since I can remember I wanted to be an architect. I used to draw buildings for fun as a kid. I went to school and graduated with a degree in architecture but at that point I knew I didn’t want to be an architect anymore. I ended up in graduate school for city and regional planning and I now work as a construction project manager.
3. I’m beyond frightened of needles and pass out every.single.time. It’s so bad that at the dentist when I need work that involved a shot for Novocain, they actually Rx me something for my nerves.
4. When I was a toddler I refused to wear anything unless it matched my eyes (blue).
5. I have freak out when people mix up the colors in art supplies. Seriously, crayons that are not in the Roy G. Biv color patterns are like nails on a chalk board to me. And forget that I have a 2 ½ year old who likes to mix the Play Doh colors together or likes to muddy up the water colors.
6. I’m in love with the actors Gabriel Byrne and John Malcovich. I went to go see Man in the Iron Mask when I was in college, not because of Leonardo DiCaprio, but because BOTH Gabriel AND John were in the same movie!
7. When I was in second grade I didn’t do my spelling homework and had a quiz the next day. I got a 10 on the test (out of 100). My teacher posted all the tests on the closet doors no matter your score. I was so embarrassed by my 10 that from that day on I became obsessed with school work and getting good grades.
8. My dream job is to be an Imagineer for Walt Disney. I’ve applied twice for a project manager position and will keep applying for them as they pop up until I work for them. So Mr. Mouse—please call! I’ve wanted to be an Imagineer since I’ve been in 8th grade. I’m 33 years old now—you do the math!
9. I first attempted to be a runner in high school but they wanted to make me a hurdler. Being the klutz that I am, I quit the track team the next day. I wish I had stuck with it.
10. I met my husband the same night as my cousin met her husband at a basket ball game. It wasn’t even a double date!
11. I went to Catholic school from kindergarten through undergrad. My first “public school” was my graduate school. It felt odd not having to take a religion class each semester.
My Questions From Liz:
1. What song on your iPod are you most embarrassed by? That would have to be a tie between “All 4 Love” by Color Me Badd or “Watch Me Do Me” from the Disney tv show Shake It Up.
2. What was your first concert? I’m pretty sure it was Bryan Adams. I forget though because my first three concerts were all in the same year—I also saw Tiffany and New Kids on the Block and The Cover Girls and Stevie B the same year.
3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Washington, DC. I went to college there and love it and miss everything about it.
4. What would your last meal be? I really can’t even answer this because it depresses me too much!
5. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream? Another tie—totally a toss up between Butter Pecan and Pistachio. It’s a REALLY hard decision for me to make.
6. Do you still have a t-shirt from high school or college? I have a ton! I actually have wanted to make a quilt with them so that they are at least useful because right now they are in a box.
7. Is your computer a laptop or a desktop? It’s a lap top.
8. What would your dream job be? See Answer to Number 8 above.
9. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving—mostly because I get the day after off…I just really enjoy when you’re able to enjoy a holiday and not worry about work the next day.
10. Did you go to college in a different state than where you grew up? Yes, I grew up in RI/MA and went to college in Washington, DC. Best decision I ever made and I love everything about Washington, DC.
11. Do you dread going to the doctor? Only if I need to get a shot or blood work. Normally going to the doctor doesn’t get me worked up.
Here are my 11 questions for you—I’m not tagging anyone because I feel like everyone has done it already. If you haven’t and want to be tagged please let me know and I’ll link you!!
- If you could be on any reality tv show, which would you pick and why?
- What is your favorite kind of cuisine?
- Who was your first crush as a little kid?
- If money were no object, where would you travel to for a month long vacation?
- Who is your favorite Disney character?
- Have you ever been operated on and for what?
- If you had a theme song what would it be?
- What is your favorite Olympic event to watch?
- If you could change your first name to anything, what would it be?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your least favorite food?
Tag! You’re it!!